Sunday, May 9, 2010

Old Work: Original Character: Horus II


This was originally the design for an element of a multi block woodblock print I did in the middle of this spring semester. I saw this tracing paper element that I transferred to my block and had to put it up here. I also added a little feathery background courtesy of: http://rockgem.deviantart.com/
This bird is my character Horus II the son of the Egyptian god Horus. He is a peregrine falcon. Normally I draw him in his more human form but for the project I was doing I wanted to make him more of an icon rather than a figure since his lover Naomi was the central subject in the original piece.
I think I will use this block again though for possibly an invitation or card. It's a solid image. What's funny is I came up with this before realizing I really do like working more graphic with that silhouette feel. I think with the rest of my art I have overcomplicated things a little too much. Anyways always feel free to add your constructive thoughts and feelings on the things you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment